Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Last of Leroy for the year


OK, embedding of this Xiphactinus is done, assembly is done, now all that is ahead of us are hours upon hours of detailing. That and figuring out exactly how it's getting upright. That will be an interesting day... I don't think I want to take video of that.

On the bright side not only is the project almost done, but to preserve our sanity Jacob and I have been able to devote one hour at the end of each day to preparing other stuff. Special treat for follower Saurian, Jacob has been preparing a cervical vertebra from our BCT specimen of Daspletosaurus n. sp., out of the lower Judith River Fm. I on the other hand have a special secret non-dinosaur project, that I hope I'll be able to reveal in the first quarter of the new year. It's very exciting, trust me!

Below is a new photo of the progress made in the past week. Exciting, no?

2 comments:

  1. very nicely done!

    good luck with the detailing, and can't wait to see the final update photo with it placed in the fossil hall on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ant,
    Nice to hear that there has been a little more movement with Sir William. I look forward to seeing it when prepped.

    ReplyDelete